Monday, June 20, 2011

One Bowl Brownies

We had vanilla ice cream in the freezer so I put my thinking cap on to make a dessert that went with the ice cream and I came up with brownies! These brownies are delicious! I am not a chocolate person so brownies are a big step for me, but warmed and served with melting vanilla ice cream works for my taste buds. My husband is a die hard chocolate fan and he loved these. When we were on our cruise there was a dessert called chocolate molten cake served with vanilla ice cream and it was the favorite dessert of our entire table minus mine of course. Needless to say my husband said these brownies reminded him of chocolate molten cake, but not as chocolaty as the cake, which is a big plus for me. If you are a fan of fudgy chocolate brownies these are for you, but they are not for you lovers of a cake brownie.

One Bowl Brownies
Fudgy Goodness

4 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chololate (I substittued with 12 tablespoons of cocoa and 4 tablespoons of oil)
3/4 cup butter or margarine
2 cups white sugar
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  2. Microwave chocolate and butter or margarine in a large bowl at HIGH for 2 minutes or until butter or margarine is melted. Since I was not using chocolate squares I melted the butter first and then once melted stirred in the cocoa.
  3. Stir until chocolate/cocoa is melted. Stir in oil (if using cocoa and not chocolate squares). Stir in sugar. Mix in eggs and vanilla. Stir in flour and nuts (if using).
  4. Spread in greased 13 x 9 (I used ) inch pan. Bake for 35 minutes.Do not overbake. 
Recipe from Allrecipes




No comments:

Post a Comment