Thursday, March 10, 2011

Banana Bread

Banana's are not one of my favorite fruits and quite frankly I am allergic to them (not deadly allergic), but there is one recipe I cannot turn down that contains banana's and that is my mom's banana bread. This recipe has wonderful flavor and stays very moist. I had a friend over to study one day and I happened to have some of my mom's banana bread on hand that my mom had actually made. My friend informed me she was not crazy about banana bread, but would be willing to try it. Let's just say that she loved it! She even went back for seconds :)

Mom's Banana Bread
Moist and delicious

1 large egg
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup sugar
3 very ripe mashed banana's (the riper the better)
1 1/2 cups white flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
If desired serve with butter or cream cheese
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  2. Grease 3 small aluminium mini pans or 1 greased large (8.5 inch) pan
  3. Mix with beater egg and oil
  4. Add sugar and mix
  5. Add banana's and mix
  6. Add flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix well
  7. Pour batter into baking pans. It is best to use 3 small aluminum mini pans but 1 large pan will work fine
  8. Bake for 30 minutes for 3 small pans or 60 minutes for 1 large (8.5 inch) pan and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. If top begins to brown to fast cover very loosely with foil
  9. If desired spread individual slice with butter or cream cheese
Recipe from my Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment