Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Ham and Cheese Sliders

In January my best friend's little girl had her 1st birthday party! My friend and I share the same love and passion to be in the kitchen. So, of course my friend wanted to make everything from scratch which of course I offered to help her in any area that she needed. I do not think that there is another child who had a 1st birthday full of such delicious home cooked food. My friend did such an awesome job and it was such an honor to be able to help her through the entire process. One of the recipe's we made were called Ham and Cheese Sliders. These were so yummy! My husband loved them so much I had to get the recipe from her. These sandwiches are a great party pleaser as well as perfect for everyday work week lunches. I recently made a whole batch and stored them in the fridge and gave them to my husband for lunch throughout the week. Lets just say he had no complaints :)

Ham and Cheese Sliders
A excellent party pleaser as well as a yummy alternative to everyday lunches

Sandwich:
12 sandwich rolls (or 24 slider rolls)
24-36 slices of honey ham
12 slices Swiss cheese (or 24 if using slider rolls)
Mayonnaise

Sauce:
1 1/2 tablespoons yellow mustard
8 tablespoons butter, melted
1 tablespoon minced onion or 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Poppy seed for sprinkling
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  2. Split the sandwich rolls and spread bottom roll with mayonnaise. Top with 2-3 slices of honey ham and 1 slice of Swiss cheese. Replace top roll.
  3. Place the sandwiches on a baking sheet
  4. To make the sauce combine all the ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to combine
  5. Drizzle the sauce over the top of the buns
  6. Sprinkle each bun with poppy seeds
  7. Cover with foil and bake 10 minutes, until the cheese is melted
  8. Remove the foil and bake 2 minutes longer
  9. Serve warm
Recipe from Amy's Blog

1 comment:

  1. Definitely a favorite of ours! Thank you so much for all your help - it really made the party go much smoother!

    ReplyDelete