Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Goulash

Please forgive me in the delay of posting new recipes. My 4 year old niece stayed with my husband and I this past week and we kept very busy having loads of fun with her. Also, today I started a new job so please bear with me in the days to come as I adjust to my new schedule. Okay, so on to this yummy recipe. This recipe is so yummy and  easy to make. It is wonderful for a delicious weeknight meal.

Goulash
Delicious Weeknight Meal

1/4 green pepper
1/4 onion
1 clove minced garlic
10-12 baby carrots or 3-5 regular carrots 
1 1/4 pound ground chuck
1 29-ounce tomato sauce
1 29-ounce can of water
1 14.5-ounce diced tomatoes
salt
pepper
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon parsley
1 8.5-ounce canned sweet peas or 1/4 bag frozen peas
1 lb elbow or seashell pasta (I used 1/2-3/4 box of elbow pasta)
oil; if desired
shredded cheese; if desired
  1. In a large saucepan sautee pepper, onion, carrots and minced garlic in water or oil until lightly brown
  2. Add ground chuck and brown until no longer pink
  3. Add sauce, water, diced tomatoes and seasonings
  4. Cook on low 1 hour. Add peas at 40 minute mark
  5. Cook pasta separately according to package directions
  6. Serve goulash and pasta mixed together and garnish with shredded cheese (if desired)
Recipe from my Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment