Monday, April 18, 2011

Baked Mahi Mahi

I am not sure why but for some reason I have had this subconscious fear of cooking seafood especially fish. I have always been afraid that I would not be able to tell when it is cooked through and I would then overcook it. I was raised loving seafood and my dad is by far the best cook when it comes to seafood. I have never tasted such flavorful and delicious seafood as I have when he cooks it. There once was a comedian that said something along the lines that he would never understand the people who say they love seafood but then smother it in tartar and cocktail sauce lol. That is me except when my dad prepares seafood! When I order seafood at a restaurant I have to have bowl of tartar sauce so I was determined to prepare seafood like my dad does. Please forgive me but I must compliment myself on this recipe I made. It was phenomenal and I didn't need any tartar sauce! After talking with my dad I bit the bullet and conquered my fear in the kitchen and can I say I am so glad that I did. This recipe was DELICIOUS!

Baked Mahi Mahi
Phenomenally Delicious

2 Mahi Mahi Fillets
1 lemon
1-2 tablespoons Butter
2 cloves minced garlic
garlic powder
onion powder
complete seasoning
salt
pepper
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  2. Wash Mahi Mahi fillets and place each on their own piece of foil
  3. Squeeze lemon juice on fillets and place 2 lemon slices on top of foil
  4. Place butter and minced garlic on top of fish. For the butter and minced garlic measurement divide by 4 to ensure you season both side of each fillet for a total of 4 sides.
  5. Sprinkle generously with garlic powder, onion powder, complete seasoning, salt and pepper
  6. Place seasoned side down on top of lemon wedges.
  7. Repeat steps 2-4 for the top side of the fillet. Place 2 lemon slices on top of fillet
  8. Repeat steps 2-6 for the second fillet
  9. Close foil tightly but ensure their is a space between the foil and fillets. In essence you are creating a pocket so the fish is also steamed
  10. Bake for approx. 20 minutes or until fish is opaque and beginning to become flaky. Do not overcook the fish because is will dry out very fast 
  11. Serve immediately
Recipe inspired by my Dad and created by Me

No comments:

Post a Comment