Friday, April 22, 2011

S'More Cookie Bars

With the recent increase in outside temperatures here in Sunny Florida my mind has started drifting to previous summers and camping. When we go camping there always has to be an evening of S'Mores! Which for those of you who know me know that I love S'Mores, but oddly enough in general I do not like chocolate or marshmallows. With my mind on camping and my cravings for S'Mores intensifying I knew something must be done fast. I began googling S'More bars in order to find a recipe that does not require camping and campfires :) I was amazed at the amount of S'More bar recipes on the Internet, but I decided to stick with the S'More Cookie Bar recipe from the trusty Hershey Chocolate site. Boy oh boy am I glad I tried this recipe! It was so yummy, moist and definitely took care of my S'More craving :)

S'More Cookie Bars
Yummy, Moist and Curves Your S'More Cravings

1/2 cup butter or margarine; softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 (1.55 oz. each) Hershey's Milk Chocolate Bars
1 cup marshmallow creme
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  2. Grease 8-inch square baking pan
  3. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl until light and fluffy
  4. Add egg and vanilla; beat well
  5. Stir together flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt; add to butter mixture, beating until blended
  6. Press half of dough into greased pan
  7. Arrange chocolate bars over dough, breaking as needed to fit
  8. Spread with marshmallow creme
  9. Scatter bits of remaining dough over marshmallow creme; carefully press to form a layer
  10. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until lightly browned
  11. Cool completely in pan on wire rack
  12. Cut into bars. 16 bars.
Recipe from Hershey's Kitchens

No comments:

Post a Comment