Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Sausage and Sun-dried Tomato Pasta

Now that I am working full-time and my husband works well over full-time we are not able to get to the grocery store as soon as we would like. So, I have found myself having to be very creative with the ingredients that I have on hand. As well as keeping in mind that we want it to be yummy and something that will warm-up well for future meals during our busy week. This recipe is not from scratch but it is still very yummy. Some may wonder why I am posting a post that is not from scratch, but the majority of my readers work full-time like me so this recipe will be perfect for them. The entire time I was in the kitchen cooking my husband was raving how yummy it smelled. Once it was served he continued to rave how yummy it tasted :)

Sausage and Sun-dried Tomato Pasta
Delicious Fast Weeknight Meal

1 package of pasta of your choice (I combined what I had on hand which was rotini and ziti)
1 package Mild Italian Sausage; cut into bite-size pieces
1-2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon of oil from the sun-dried tomatoes
1 cup sun-dried tomatoes; chopped
1/2 green pepper sliced (or whatever vegetable you may have hand)
2 cloves fresh minced garlic
1 jar of Classico Alfredo Sauce
Pepper
  1. Cook pasta according to package directions
  2. In a large skillet heat both oils over medium-high heat
  3. Add sausage and saute until cooked 
  4. Add sun-dried tomatoes and green pepper (or vegetable of your choice) and saute for approx. 5 minutes to allow the sausage to absorb the flavors
  5. Add fresh minced garlic and saute just until the smell becomes fragrant
  6. Add alfredo sauce and lower heat to low and cover skillet. Allow to simmer for 5-7 minutes.
  7. Add cooked pasta to skillet and stir until combined
  8. Sprinkle with pepper and serve immediately
Recipe created by Me

No comments:

Post a Comment