Monday, April 4, 2011

Island Chicken

Okay, so I am going to warn you now that the picture for this recipe does not do it justice! The picture may not make this recipe look appetizing, but I promise you the flavor is outstanding. It has a sweet flavor with a kick. This recipe is easy to tweak depending on the level of spice you like. You could omit the hot sauce all together or add more. This recipe has become one of my husband's favorite! Also, with left overs I added it to fettuccine Alfredo and it was delicious! 

Island Chicken
Chicken with a sweet glaze and a kick


4 boneless skinless chicken breast (I used 3)
2 tablespoons olive oil

Rub:
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon ground cumin*
1 teaspoon chili powder*
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Glaze:
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic (I used minced)
1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce (or desired amount)
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degees
  2. Stir together ingredients for the rub
  3. Pound the chicken breast between two pieces of plastic wrap until they are thin
  4. Coat the chicken with the spice rub on all sides
  5. Stir together glaze ingredients; set aside
  6. Heat oil in a frying pan over moderately high heat and brown chicken on both sides. Place browned chicken breast onto a baking sheet
  7. Pat the glaze mixture on the top of all the chicken breasts and then roast in the oven for about 20 minutes
  8. When chicken is cooked through remove from oven and cover with foil to rest for 5-10 minutes before serving
*I am not a big fan of cumin so I half the cumin and double the chili powder.

Recipe from my cousin Alison

No comments:

Post a Comment