Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Fresh Mexican Bean Salad

This recipe is always fresh and delicious as well as crowd pleaser. I have made this recipe for numerous parties and get together's and there is always at least one person that asks for this recipe. This salsa taste best refrigerated overnight so it is a perfect appetizer to be prepared the day before. It is also a very fast appetizer to prepare especially if you have the Vidalia Chop Wizard*. I received the Chop Wizard for a wedding gift and I love it so much! It makes prep work in the kitchen such as chopping vegetables so easy and fast. I was skeptical to try it since they usually never work, but this one does. It always gives me the perfect uniform chop and I have yet to find a vegetable that it does not work with. I buy this now for all my gifts for people who I know love to be in the kitchen.

Fresh Mexican Bean Salad
Always a healthy and yummy crowd pleaser
This also taste great served over fish and chicken


1 can white shoe peg corn
1 can red kidney beans
1 can garbanzo beans
1 can black beans
1 can black eyed beans
6 green onions, chopped
2 bell peppers (any color), diced
3 large tomatoes, diced
1 medium red onion, chopped
Broccoli florets, cut bite size
2 packages of Good Seasoning Italian Dressing
Canola oil
Red wine vinegar
Water
1 package of taco seasoning
Tabasco sauce if desired (I omitted)
Tortilla chip scoops

  1. Rinse, drain and combine all canned beans
  2. Add corn and all vegetables (green onions, bell peppers, tomatoes, red onion, and broccoli florets) to beans
  3. In a separate bowl make both packages of Good Seasonings Italian Dressing according to package 
  4. Whisk or shake in taco seasoning and Tabasco sauce (if using) 
  5. Add dressing to bean and veggie bowl
  6. Refrigerate several hours or overnight
  7. Serve with Tortilla chip scoops
*Here is a picture of the Vidalia Chop Wizard


Recipe from a friend (Amy) of a friend (Adrian) when she made it and served it at a baby shower that we both attended. When I tasted it I had to have the recipe :)

No comments:

Post a Comment