Monday, February 7, 2011

Rotisserie Chicken

Rotisserie chicken is one of my favorite ways to prepare chicken. The chicken always ends up being so flavorful and moist. A few years ago I came across a brand new rotisserie at a garage sale and knew that I had to buy it. I am so glad that I did because I am never disappointed with the way the meat turns out. The prepping can be time consuming but the end result in my opinion is well worth it.

Ginger Teriyaki Chicken
There was nothing in this recipe that I would change! It was delicious and complimented fried rice perfectly!


1 3-1/2 to 4-pound whole chicken
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/4 cup sake or dry sherry
1/4 cup sugar
2 slices fresh ginger root
2 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon cornstarch

Sauce*:
  1. Combine the soy sauce, wine, sake or sherry, sugar and ginger in a small saucepan
  2. Bring to a boil and simmer over medium heat 3 minutes
  3. Blend water with cornstarch; stir into sauce
  4. Stir over medium heat 1 minute or until thickened
  5. Strain sauce
  6. Set aside to cool or refrigerate up to 1 week
Chicken**:
  1. Wash and dry the chicken inside and out
  2. Loosen the skin across the breast and then down around the leg and thigh using a chopstick or your fingers
  3. Reserve 1/2 cup of the cooled teriyaki sauce and inject some of the remaining sauce under the skin of the chicken.
  4. Work the sauce under the skin over the breast, legs and thighs
  5. Rub more sauce all over the outside of the chicken and marinate for 30 minutes
  6. Place chicken on the Spit Rods for 55 to 60 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 180 degrees inserted into the thigh meat
  7. Remove chicken and cut into pieces to serve
  8. Serve the chicken with the remaining teriyaki sauce for passing
*Makes about 1 cup. I would recommend doubling or even tripling this sauce depending on how many people you are serving. This sauce was so tasty that I wanted to ensure I had enough to go around the table.
**If you are fixing two chickens at a time, skewer them side by side on the Spit Rods and increase the time to 1-1/2 hours.

Recipe from Showtime Rotisserie & BBQ

1 comment:

  1. Looks yummy. I need to use my rotisserie!

    ReplyDelete