Thursday, February 17, 2011

Layered Greek Dip

This appetizer is another easy recipe that is perfect to make the day before serving. I was nervous to try a new recipe for a party, but I am so glad that I stepped out and tried this one. This dip was delicious and bursting with flavor. Although, the recipe looks like it is a small amount for a large group of people, but believe me when I say that it is not. The dip is very yummy but the garlic and seasoning is very powerful making the quantity go a long way.

Layered Greek Dip
Bursting with flavor

1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
3 cloves garlic, minced (the next time I make this I might only use 2 cloves)
1 1/2 cups Hummus
1 cup chopped cucumber
1 cup chopped tomato
1/2 chopped pitted Kalamata olives
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/3 cup sliced green onions (3)
Pita bread or pita chips
  1. In a medium bowl beat cream cheese, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, and garlic with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth
  2. Spread cream cheese mixture into a deep 9-inch pie plate or shallow serving dish
  3. Evenly spread Hummus on cream cheese layer
  4. Top with cucumber, tomato, olives, feta cheese, and green onions
  5. Cover and chill for 2 to 24 hours
  6. Serve with cut up pita bread or pita chips 
Recipe from Better Homes and Gardens New Cookbook (15th edition)

1 comment:

  1. Looks good, I love greek salads and I bet it taste a little sinful in dip form!

    ReplyDelete